$5,000 Annual Scholarship
Cogburn Law Offices, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, offer a broad range of services, with an emphasis on personal injury law. We understand the increasing cost of college tuition is making it more difficult to obtain a college degree for many outstanding students across the nation. Therefore, every year we offer a $5,000 scholarship to a student who submits the strongest essay focusing on a given topic.
This scholarship is open to any US citizen or permanent US resident who will be enrolled full time in an accredited community college, college or university, or accredited law school in the fall of 2018.
- The student must complete the online application which appears below by July 15, 2018. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- The applicant must write an essay (maximum 1,500 words) on the topic below.
- The student must provide proof of enrollment should his or her essay be selected.
- The winner must consent to the use of his or her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the cogburnlaw.com website.
Write an essay of 1,500 words or less on the following topic:
Should Uber and Lyft drivers be subject to the same special insurance and liability rules that taxicabs operate under?
Your essay must include at least three links to authoritative sources. At least one of these links must be to the post below or to another post on cogburnlaw.com.
Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: https://www.blogger.com/
You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website.
Announcement of Scholarship Winner:
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by September 1, 2018. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university to be used for tuition only. The winning essay may be published at cogburnlaw.com. Cogburn Law Offices has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the winner.
Scholarship Submission Application
- Name* First Last
- Email*Email address
- Address Street Address Address Line 2 City AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingArmed Forces AmericasArmed Forces EuropeArmed Forces PacificState ZIP Code
- How do you plan to finance your education? (i.e. with other grants, loans, scholarships, parents, own funds, work, programs, etc.)*
- Colleges you are applying or have been accepted to:*
- Link to Blog Post*Should Uber and Lyft drivers be subject to the same special insurance and liability rules that taxicabs operate under? Enter the link to your blog post below.Do NOT type entire essay here.
- Would you like to receive future communication from Cogburnlaw.com?*
- Yes – please alert me about future scholarships
- No – please do not alert me about future scholarships
- Authorization of Rights*By initialing here, I give full rights for the use of this essay to Cogburn Law Offices for any advertising or promotional purposes.